I purchased the rolling chassis from the local Ad Trader in Febuary 2008 for £100.
Frame modified and engine fitted. I used the original CG125 air filter because, being made of plastic, it is reasonably light and fits in the frame just right.
Honda CG125 engine puchased from e-bay for £85, and sprayed satin black.
Frame sprayed and Betor shocks fitted,(purchased from Sammy Miller Products for £91.80).
Starting to rebuild.
Nearly finished, but still some modifications required, front brake not holding very well, and the paint work needs some touching up.
Fantic Honda logo machined into the number plate.
Titanium front brake stay.
Clear anodised front mud guard bracket a lot lighter than the original.
Stainless steel brake rod assembly, modified to clear swinging arm.
Stainless steel snail cam adjuster.
New chain and sprockets fitted, I have used the same size sprockets as used on many Honda TL125s, 12 tooth on the front and 60 tooth on the rear. Both bought from Talon Engineering, the rear sprocket was bought as a blank then machined to suit.
Chain tensioner and chain guide on the swinging arm.
Clear anodised aluminium silencer with twin pipes to replicate the works bike.
I couldn't find a suitable exhaust, so I made my own pipe bender and used it to make this exhaust, which I then had chromed. Unfortunately the chrome has started to peel off.
Side panels made from UPVC, warmed up with a hot air paint stripper to bend them into shape. Fantic 240 seat fitted slightly wider then the 200 frame, but still looks ok.
The forks were badly pitted, so I filled in the pits using a resin, then covered them up with anodised aluminium sleeves and black fork gaitors.
Anodised aluminium sump guard.
Sump guard looked a bit plain, so I drilled some lightening holes in the front and underneath.
Brake pedal shaped for kick start to clear.
How the bike should look, used.